New Orleans jazz band to sets up music night in north Norfolk
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A musical evening will bring the relaxed blues of New Orleands Jazz to the north Norfolk Coast.
Every fourth Friday of the month, a jazz band will take to the Belfry Centre for Music and Arts in Overstrand.
Reed player Mick Murphy is well known for his music in the capital, and has now put together a group of local musicians named the 'Bats in the Belfry' to play jazz in Norfolk.
Trombonist Chas Hudson and drummer Ray Bowden are also well-respected names in the New Orleans jazz industry.
Pianist Tony Ireland has been playing music for many years, and will compliment young guitarist Danny Murphy well.
You may also want to watch:
Next month, on Friday July 27th, they will welcome a very special guest - keyboard player Andrew Hall. Andrew has worked
in New Orleans for over forty years, performing and recording with all the great local musicians and numerous international stars including the legendary Preservation Hall Jazz Band, the Olympic Brass Band, George Melly, Chris Barber, Acker Bilk and Doctor John.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 7 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 8 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
The show begins at 7.30pm and entry costs £5.