New Orleans jazz band to sets up music night in north Norfolk
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A musical evening will bring the relaxed blues of New Orleands Jazz to the north Norfolk Coast.
Every fourth Friday of the month, a jazz band will take to the Belfry Centre for Music and Arts in Overstrand.
Reed player Mick Murphy is well known for his music in the capital, and has now put together a group of local musicians named the 'Bats in the Belfry' to play jazz in Norfolk.
Trombonist Chas Hudson and drummer Ray Bowden are also well-respected names in the New Orleans jazz industry.
Pianist Tony Ireland has been playing music for many years, and will compliment young guitarist Danny Murphy well.
You may also want to watch:
Next month, on Friday July 27th, they will welcome a very special guest - keyboard player Andrew Hall. Andrew has worked
in New Orleans for over forty years, performing and recording with all the great local musicians and numerous international stars including the legendary Preservation Hall Jazz Band, the Olympic Brass Band, George Melly, Chris Barber, Acker Bilk and Doctor John.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
The show begins at 7.30pm and entry costs £5.