From Ibiza to Overstrand - DJ to shake up north Norfolk coast
- Credit: Archant
He's usually at home in the dance meccas of Ibiza and London, but now DJ Madhatter is heading to the north Norfolk coast.
The DJ, whose real name is Paul Wellings, will be getting people onto the dance floor at Overstrand art and music venue The Belfry Centre, starting from February 16.
Mr Wellings has played at venues including Ibiza super-club Pacha and the Ministry Of Sound in London.
He said: 'This will be a very different night with a community vibe. I intend to play soul music from the 1960s to the 2000s to reach everyone. As we say in the London DJ world, it will be sick beats all night.'
Resident Belfry soul night DJ and Overstrand resident Paul Hensby said: 'DJ Madhatter saw one of our posters and asked if he could get involved with the Overstrand soul nights. I immediately agreed.'
You may also want to watch:
The gig starts at 7.30pm and Mr Wellings will return on alternate months.
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 3 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 4 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 5 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 6 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 9 'It went a bit potty' - New cafe owner's tough first few months in lockdown
- 10 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named