New cycling challenge launched
NORFOLK'S varied calendar of events has been joined by a new cycling event which aims to become an annual fixture. Although similar in format to other events, with entrants challenged to complete leisure rides of 50 or 100 miles (it's not a race), the Norfolk Huff & Puff Cycle Challenge is an event with a difference.
NORFOLK'S varied calendar of events has been joined by a new cycling event which aims to become an annual fixture.
Although similar in format to other events, with entrants challenged to complete leisure rides of 50 or 100 miles (it's not a race), the Norfolk Huff & Puff Cycle Challenge is an event with a difference.
Starting and finishing at Kelling Heath Holiday Park it is also designed as a day out for non-cycling partners and families.
There will be discounts on accommodation, and events on the park ranging from guided walks to live jazz and a barbecue, and discounts on nearby attractions.
Collections will be taken on the day for the air ambulance and community first responders.
The rides, sponsored by the county sports partnership Active Norfolk, take place on Sunday, June 28, and will follow quiet lane routes based on the Norfolk Coast Cycleway.
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 3 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 4 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 5 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 6 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 7 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 8 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 9 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 10 The village in the path of controversial wind farm cable
The 50-mile ride will take in the vistas of Holkham Hall, while the 100-mile challenge will visit Hunstanton. There will also be a 25-mile come-and-try-it event for less experienced riders. Its destination is Binham, famous for its newly-refurbished priory and home to the real ales of The Chequers pub.
The event is expected to attract riders from across the Midlands and the south-east.
The challenge rides are being organised by Huff & Puff Cycles, a hire business which operates from Kelling Heath Holiday Park.
Entries booked in advance cost �15 per person for the 50 and 100-mile events, and �10 for the 25-mile. Booking details can be downloaded from www.cyclenorfolk.co.uk or call the organiser Sam Weller on 01263 734558.