New cycling challenge launched
NORFOLK'S varied calendar of events has been joined by a new cycling event which aims to become an annual fixture. Although similar in format to other events, with entrants challenged to complete leisure rides of 50 or 100 miles (it's not a race), the Norfolk Huff & Puff Cycle Challenge is an event with a difference.
NORFOLK'S varied calendar of events has been joined by a new cycling event which aims to become an annual fixture.
Although similar in format to other events, with entrants challenged to complete leisure rides of 50 or 100 miles (it's not a race), the Norfolk Huff & Puff Cycle Challenge is an event with a difference.
Starting and finishing at Kelling Heath Holiday Park it is also designed as a day out for non-cycling partners and families.
There will be discounts on accommodation, and events on the park ranging from guided walks to live jazz and a barbecue, and discounts on nearby attractions.
Collections will be taken on the day for the air ambulance and community first responders.
The rides, sponsored by the county sports partnership Active Norfolk, take place on Sunday, June 28, and will follow quiet lane routes based on the Norfolk Coast Cycleway.
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 3 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
The 50-mile ride will take in the vistas of Holkham Hall, while the 100-mile challenge will visit Hunstanton. There will also be a 25-mile come-and-try-it event for less experienced riders. Its destination is Binham, famous for its newly-refurbished priory and home to the real ales of The Chequers pub.
The event is expected to attract riders from across the Midlands and the south-east.
The challenge rides are being organised by Huff & Puff Cycles, a hire business which operates from Kelling Heath Holiday Park.
Entries booked in advance cost �15 per person for the 50 and 100-mile events, and �10 for the 25-mile. Booking details can be downloaded from www.cyclenorfolk.co.uk or call the organiser Sam Weller on 01263 734558.