Mundesley gears up for annual festival
A seaside village is gearing up for a week of music and fun as its annual summer entertainment festival marks its 25-year anniversary.Mundesley Festival will be serving up its traditional mix of big band, brass band, country, choral and folk music with comedy and entertainment from old favourites and new stars.
MUNDESLEY is gearing up for a week of music and fun as its annual summer entertainment festival marks its 25-year anniversary.
The festival will be serving up its traditional mix of big band, brass band, country, choral and folk music with comedy and entertainment from old favourites and new stars.
An expanded programme of other events is being staged in the village alongside the festival, with a rock 'n' roll disco for teenagers, a daily circus, art sessions, a photography show and a classic car rally.
Festival organiser Derek Kirk said the week would be keeping its successful formula which last year saw more than 1,000 people attending shows.
Circus Ferrell running daily alongside the festival will provide afternoon entertainment, and evening concerts include old favourites Bob Kerr's Whoopee Band, country singer Tony Goodacre and the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band, with Olly Day and Lynsey Ball singing.
New acts for the anniversary include jokes, anecdotes and songs from singer Rosemary Squires, and folk singer Julie Felix who reached the top 20 in 1970 with her version of Simon and Garfunkel's If I Could (El Condor Pasa).
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 6 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 7 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 10 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
The award-winning Broadland Youth Choir, fresh from singing Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat at the Theatre Royal, will be ushering in the festival at the start of the week, while the Ipswich and Norwich Co-op Brass Band will provide the music for the Last Night of the Proms style finale.
For tickets and information call 01263 721189 or visit www.mundesleyfestival.co.uk. For circus tickets and information call 07760 395596.
All shows are at Coronation Hall, Cromer Road, Mundesley. Doors open at 7.15pm and shows begin at 7.45pm.
Sunday August 2 - Broadland Youth Choir �8
Monday August 3 - Jonathan Wyatt Big Band �12
Tuesday August 4 - Rosemary Squires and the Brian Dee Trio �10
Wednesday August 5 - Bob Kerr's Whoopee Band �12
Thursday August 6 - Julie Felix �10
Friday August 7 - Tony Goodacre �8
Saturday August 8 - Ipswich and Norwich Co-op Brass Band �8
All shows are on Gold Park. Tickets cost �5.
Monday August 3 - 4pm
Tuesday August 4 - 2pm
Wednesday August 5 - 4pm
Thursday August 6 - 2pm and 4.30pm
Friday August 7 - 2pm and 5pm
Saturday August 8 - 2pm