Mini music festival for British Heart Foundation
- Credit: Archant
A new music festival put on by a pair of school friends will be kicking off this week.
Phillipa Levy, from Happisburgh, and Thomas Balfour, from North Walsham, have organised the Staithing Alive Festival in aid of the British Heart Foundation.
The family event will take place from 7pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at The Sutton Staithe Hotel, Sutton, near Stalham, and will feature 15 local bands, five singer-songwriters and three DJs.
Bands include Strange Tail, De'Vide, AKA and Outathablues.
One of the solo acts will be beatboxer Josh Hyland who performs under the name Differential.
The other acoustic performers will be David Paddock, Jude Garrod, Matt Watson and Kolin Durier.
DJs at the festival will be Sam Rogerson, Tom Balfour and Ben Allen.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 3 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 4 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Students get set for A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 8 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 9 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 10 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
Music lovers will be able to camp on site – teenagers aged 16 or under will need to camp with an adult.
Weekend camping tickets cost £20, day tickets cost £7.50. It will be free for children aged 12 and under.
Traders from Stalham will have stalls at the festival.
To buy tickets, call 07770 805908 or search Staithing Alive Festival on Facebook.