Medieval entertainment for church fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
The Minstrels Gallery group, based in Norwich, will be performing in St Botolph's Church, Trunch, this Saturday at 7.30pm.
Money raised from this event and future Trunch concerts in the Medieval church will go towards the ongoing maintenance of the historic building.
In 2005 the tower was secured from splitting, in 2010 the chancel roof repaired and in 2011 the organ was restored.
New cloakroom facilities will be put in later this year.
The Minstrels Gallery will be in full authentic dress for the Puddings and Pies night and will provide entertainment based around food and drink enjoyed by people during the Medieval and Tudor eras.
Audience members should expect a combination of songs, dance tunes and readings.
The night will feature more than 40 instruments, including the lute, viol, curtal, crumhorn and shawm.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 3 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 4 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
- 5 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 6 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 7 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 10 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
Tickets cost £8, or £6 for concessions, and are available on the door.
For more information contact Tony or Jane on 01603 454402 or 07786 057484.
For more information about the musical group, which travels across Britain, visit www.minstrelsgallery.com or email email@example.com.
As part of the series of concerts, pianist Catherine Leonard will be performing pieces by Liszt, Debussy and Chopin on Saturday, May 18 at 7.30pm.
During the following month, on Saturday, June 8, Pictures at an Exhibition will be held at 7.30pm.
Pianist Anna Le Hair will be playing Russian music by Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov and Mussorgsky alongside a display of paintings by Trunch artists.
On Saturday, July 6 the Norfolk Composers Group will be performing classical music at 7.30pm.
It will include pieces by Schubert, Arrieu, Gabrieli and Caplet.
Classical and contemporary works for the cello will be performed by Mayda Narvey and Naomi Edemariam on Saturday, July 27 at 7.30pm.
For more information visit www.trunchconcerts.co.uk.