Literary star Sir Andrew Motion to read new war poetry at Auden Theatre
One of Britain's leading literary figures will be appearing at the Auden Theatre in Holt.
Sir Andrew Motion, who was Poet Laureate from 1999 to 2009, will be reading from his latest poetry, The Customs House, on Saturday, February 23 at 2pm.
The bar will open at 1pm and tickets cost £10, which can be bought from The Holt Bookshop, 10 Appleyard, Holt. Alternatively ring 01263 715858 or email email@example.com
The Customs House draws on soldiers' experiences from 1914 to today.
It begins with a story about Siegfried Sassoon, moves on to the second world war and then to Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan.
You may also want to watch:
For more information ring the Auden Theatre box office on 01263 713444 or visit www.greshams.com
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 6 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 7 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK