Literary star Sir Andrew Motion to read new war poetry at Auden Theatre
One of Britain's leading literary figures will be appearing at the Auden Theatre in Holt.
Sir Andrew Motion, who was Poet Laureate from 1999 to 2009, will be reading from his latest poetry, The Customs House, on Saturday, February 23 at 2pm.
The bar will open at 1pm and tickets cost £10, which can be bought from The Holt Bookshop, 10 Appleyard, Holt. Alternatively ring 01263 715858 or email email@example.com
The Customs House draws on soldiers' experiences from 1914 to today.
It begins with a story about Siegfried Sassoon, moves on to the second world war and then to Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan.
You may also want to watch:
For more information ring the Auden Theatre box office on 01263 713444 or visit www.greshams.com
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 WATCH: Military plane flies low over Cromer Pier
- 4 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 5 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 6 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 7 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 8 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 9 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk