Theatre celebrates two decades of entertaining audiences with a series of celebrity appearances
- Credit: Archant
The Auden Theatre, at Holt, is celebrating two decades of entertaining north Norfolk audiences with a programme of celebrity events kicking off on March 9 with a evening of anecdotes and stories from the life and career of much-loved broadcaster and journalist John Sergeant.
The former BBC chief political correspondent and ITN political editor has appeared on The One Show, Have I Got News For You and QI and was one of the most popular contestants on the hit BBC1 show Strictly Come Dancing .
His appearance at Holt, which will be followed by a question and answer session, is the first in a series of six celebrity 'audience with' events organised to mark the Auden Theatre's 20th anniversary.
Originally founded as a performance space for students at Gresham's School, the theatre has branched out over the years to become a popular venue for professional productions .
The Auden also plays host to events including the annual All England Dance Festival and stages performances by local groups ranging from The North Norfolk Chamber Opera Society and Aylsham's Triple Threat Stage School, to Sheringham & Cromer Choral Society.
Theatre administrator Wendy Metcalfe said Gresham's wanted to celebrate the Auden's success by doing something 'a bit different'.
She added: 'It is a fantastic venue for the school and an amazing teaching space, but it is also wonderful to be able to open it out to members of the public and choosing six events with different celebrities seemed like a nice way to celebrate.'
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Norfolk coastal trek named among best UK pub walks
- 5 Obituary: Blacksmith who began career in abandoned cowshed dies at 74
- 6 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 7 Will new lease mean a new surface for this pothole-riddled carpark?
- 8 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 9 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 10 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
Other celebrities featured in the 'audience with' line-up include TV personality and mathematician Johnny Ball, Springwatch presenter Simon King, sports journalist and cricket commentator Henry Blofeld, Bafta-winning actress Dame Patricia Routledge and General Sir Mike Jackson, the former head of the British Army.
For a full programme, or to book tickets, phone the box office on 01263 713444 or visit www.audentheatre.co.uk