Jazz singer Claire Martin to sing in Holt
- Credit: Archant
BBC Radio 3 presenter Claire Martin, will be performing at the Auden Theatre at Gresham's School, Holt, on Wednesday, March 27 at 7.30pm.
Ticket cost £15 and can be bought by ringing the box office on 01263 713444 or by visiting www.greshams.com.
Claire Martin has spent the last 25 years honing the craft of jazz singing, to worldwide critical acclaim.
She has established herself as a tour de force on the UK jazz scene, gaining many awards, including winning the British Jazz Awards six times.
Claire grew up in a household full of music and became a professional singer at 19.
You may also want to watch:
She signed to Linn Records in 1984 and since then has released 15 cds with the label, collaborating with musicians Martin Taylor, John Martyn, Stephane Grappelli, Mark Nightingale, Sir Richard Rodney Bennett, Jim Mullen and Nigel Hitchcock.
As well as performing across Europe and Asia she been the soloist with the Halle Orchestra, the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, the RTE Concert Orchestra, the BBC Big Band and the BBC Concert Orchestra.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
The BBC Radio 3 programme Jazz Line Up, which she co-presents with Julian Joseph, is now in its 13th year.
Claire won both the 2009 and 2010 Best Vocalist category at the British Jazz Awards and has toured extensively throughout the UK, Scandinavia, Russia and China,
At the Queen's Birthday Honours in June 2011, the established singer was awarded an OBE for her Services to Jazz.