Jazz music celebration at Skeyton pub
- Credit: Archant
Traditional jazz music will ring out from a village pub this year.
The Goat Inn at Skeyton will be continuing its musical programme featuring the popular Norfolk Dixieland Jazz Band which kicks off on Sunday January 5.
Music lovers will be able to watch the group play six dates at the pub.
Norfolk Dixieland Jazz Band and the owners of The Goat Inn hope to build on the success of recent years.
The free gig this Sunday will start at 1.30 pm and the band will play toe-tapping classic jazz.
Norfolk Dixieland Jazz Band includes Bill Brewer on trombone; Tim Densham on clarinet/saxophones; Liz Underdown on bass; Vic Brown on drums; John Gooding on cornet; and Peter Gregory on banjo/guitar.
Future performances at The Goat Inn will be held on Sunday March 2, Sunday June 1, Sunday July 6, Sunday August 3 and Sunday September 7, all from 1.30pm.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 4 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 7 Students get set for A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 8 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 9 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 10 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
Summer gigs will be played in the garden, weather permitting, if not they will be held in the garden room.
Anyone who wants to book a table at the pub for lunch should call 01692 538600.
People can eat lunch at the venue while watching the band perform.
In addition to the jazz programme, there will be a host other events and attractions throughout the year at the rural venue.
For more information about the jazz concerts or other future events at The Goat Inn visit www.skeytongoatinn.co.uk.