Jazz music celebration at Skeyton pub
- Credit: Archant
Traditional jazz music will ring out from a village pub this year.
The Goat Inn at Skeyton will be continuing its musical programme featuring the popular Norfolk Dixieland Jazz Band which kicks off on Sunday January 5.
Music lovers will be able to watch the group play six dates at the pub.
Norfolk Dixieland Jazz Band and the owners of The Goat Inn hope to build on the success of recent years.
The free gig this Sunday will start at 1.30 pm and the band will play toe-tapping classic jazz.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Dixieland Jazz Band includes Bill Brewer on trombone; Tim Densham on clarinet/saxophones; Liz Underdown on bass; Vic Brown on drums; John Gooding on cornet; and Peter Gregory on banjo/guitar.
Future performances at The Goat Inn will be held on Sunday March 2, Sunday June 1, Sunday July 6, Sunday August 3 and Sunday September 7, all from 1.30pm.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
Summer gigs will be played in the garden, weather permitting, if not they will be held in the garden room.
Anyone who wants to book a table at the pub for lunch should call 01692 538600.
People can eat lunch at the venue while watching the band perform.
In addition to the jazz programme, there will be a host other events and attractions throughout the year at the rural venue.
For more information about the jazz concerts or other future events at The Goat Inn visit www.skeytongoatinn.co.uk.