International trumpeter takes centre stage at Gresham’s School
An internationally-acclaimed trumpeter is set to take to the stage in north Norfolk.
Alison Balsom, accompanied by pianist Tom Poster, will perform at the Auden Theatre at Gresham's School on Monday, March 7 as part of 2010/2011 subscription concert series.
Ms Balsom has cemented an international reputation as one of classical music's great ambassadors and she has been honoured with numerous awards by Classic FM, Gramophone and Echo Klassik and in 2009 she became the first ever Briton to be crowned female artist of the year at the Classical BRITs.
The final concert of the series features 4 Girls 4 Harps on Wednesday, June 8, including music by Ravel, Handel, Mozart and Rachmaninov.
Tickets for the two remaining concerts can be purchased from the Auden Box Office at Gresham's School on 01263 713444.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.greshams.com and click on the Auden Theatre Link for further details. All concerts begin at 8pm.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 8 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 9 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 10 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway