Humour, songs and dancing for the new panto Cinderella at Sheringham Little Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The curtains are being raised in Sheringham with the sparkly new panto, Cinderella, which takes to the stage tonight.
The show is written by West End star Killian Donnelly who is known for his appearances in Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera and Memphis.
It is set around the Christmas and New Year period with the prince (Kyle Fraser) finally meeting his princess at his New Year's Eve party.
Mr Donnelly cleverly combines the traditional plot of Cinderella with humour and a modern twist.
It features many fabulous well-known song and dance numbers, which had the all ages singing along.
You may also want to watch:
Cinderella (Melissa Potts) provides wonderful vocals throughout while her two ugly step-sisters, Veruca (Shane Armstrong) and Hermia (James Lavender) had the audience in fits of laughter. Younger members of the audience can enjoy the silly humour of Buttons the servant, played by Rik Warren.
Great up-to-date references run as a theme throughout, for example suggesting the sisters find a date by looking on the dating app, Tinder.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
The show is on now and runs until January 2. To book tickets call 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com