Humour, songs and dancing for the new panto Cinderella at Sheringham Little Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The curtains are being raised in Sheringham with the sparkly new panto, Cinderella, which takes to the stage tonight.
The show is written by West End star Killian Donnelly who is known for his appearances in Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera and Memphis.
It is set around the Christmas and New Year period with the prince (Kyle Fraser) finally meeting his princess at his New Year's Eve party.
Mr Donnelly cleverly combines the traditional plot of Cinderella with humour and a modern twist.
It features many fabulous well-known song and dance numbers, which had the all ages singing along.
You may also want to watch:
Cinderella (Melissa Potts) provides wonderful vocals throughout while her two ugly step-sisters, Veruca (Shane Armstrong) and Hermia (James Lavender) had the audience in fits of laughter. Younger members of the audience can enjoy the silly humour of Buttons the servant, played by Rik Warren.
Great up-to-date references run as a theme throughout, for example suggesting the sisters find a date by looking on the dating app, Tinder.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 8 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 9 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 10 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
The show is on now and runs until January 2. To book tickets call 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com