Humour, songs and dancing for the new panto Cinderella at Sheringham Little Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The curtains are being raised in Sheringham with the sparkly new panto, Cinderella, which takes to the stage tonight.
The show is written by West End star Killian Donnelly who is known for his appearances in Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera and Memphis.
It is set around the Christmas and New Year period with the prince (Kyle Fraser) finally meeting his princess at his New Year's Eve party.
Mr Donnelly cleverly combines the traditional plot of Cinderella with humour and a modern twist.
It features many fabulous well-known song and dance numbers, which had the all ages singing along.
Cinderella (Melissa Potts) provides wonderful vocals throughout while her two ugly step-sisters, Veruca (Shane Armstrong) and Hermia (James Lavender) had the audience in fits of laughter. Younger members of the audience can enjoy the silly humour of Buttons the servant, played by Rik Warren.
Great up-to-date references run as a theme throughout, for example suggesting the sisters find a date by looking on the dating app, Tinder.
- 1 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 2 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 3 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill in north Norfolk
- 5 Town centre toilets to close for six weeks
- 6 Vision to revamp Cromer's clifftops revealed
- 7 Artist donates painting to fund in memory of Cromer teenager
- 8 £150 energy rebates being paid out across north Norfolk
- 9 Bird's eye view of town's evolution revealed in new research
- 10 Volunteer drivers mark 40 years of serving the Holt community
The show is on now and runs until January 2. To book tickets call 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com