High school to show off its talents
Energetic young performers will be given an opportunity to show off their talents on November 21st in the Cromer High School Talent contest. The event, which will take place in the evening, between 7pm and 8.
Energetic young performers will be given an opportunity to show off their talents on November 21st in the Cromer High School Talent contest.
The event, which will take place in the evening, between 7pm and 8.30pm is being held in the Cromer Community Centre in Garden Street to provide a forum for singers, dancers, musicians and actors all from the High School.
The event will be judged by a panel of fellow students and there is a promise of prizes for winners.
Leading up to the event, the students had to take part in the gruelling audition process - again judged by fellow students and the event organiser, Mr Carl Hensley, Head of Drama at Cromer High.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hensley says, “I am incredibly impressed at the motivation and determination of all of the students involved. I'm looking forward to seeing the culmination of all the hard work.” Furthermore, in reference to the performers he says, “I am always surprised, even envious, at the fantastic ability shown by students when they have an opportunity to show their talent.”
For many students involved, it will be the first time they will perform in front of a large group of people, demonstrating their talents to their peers. Year 11 students, Ysanne Harman, Abigail Clipsom and Rebecca Pinner were unanimous in saying that, “this opportunity to perform our dance routine will really help with our confidence. We are a little bit nervous competing against our friends but we're looking forward to the show.”
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
Cromer Talent Show, November 21st 2008, taking place at Cromer Community Centre in Garden Street at 7pm. Tickets £1.00 (16 and under) £1.50 (adults). Available from Cromer High School 01263 511433.