Henri Matisse to go on show in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Prints by the renowned French artist Henri Matisse have gone on show at a Norfolk gallery.
The exhibition at Capital Culture Gallery in Coltishall's Church Street features a range of Matisse's works from six distinct periods of his career, including his beautiful line drawings, portraits and the vibrant colour of his later art.
James Sparshatt, gallery owner, said: 'Matisse was an obvious choice for our spring show, given the wide range of prints he produced over his lifetime.
'We hope the exhibition we are holding in April and May will delight collectors, fans and students alike as well as giving people the opportunity to hang original prints in their homes.'
The exhibition is open Tuesdays and Thursdays 9.30am-5pm and Saturdays 10am-1pm and runs until May 18.
You may also want to watch:
This is the second time the gallery has exhibited rare prints, having shown a Sir John Tenniel 'Alice in Wonderland' exhibition last year.
For more information visit www.capitalculture.eu.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 Body of missing 93-year-old man found in village
- 10 Council leader and both her critically-ill parents fighting Covid