Henri Matisse to go on show in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Prints by the renowned French artist Henri Matisse have gone on show at a Norfolk gallery.
The exhibition at Capital Culture Gallery in Coltishall's Church Street features a range of Matisse's works from six distinct periods of his career, including his beautiful line drawings, portraits and the vibrant colour of his later art.
James Sparshatt, gallery owner, said: 'Matisse was an obvious choice for our spring show, given the wide range of prints he produced over his lifetime.
'We hope the exhibition we are holding in April and May will delight collectors, fans and students alike as well as giving people the opportunity to hang original prints in their homes.'
The exhibition is open Tuesdays and Thursdays 9.30am-5pm and Saturdays 10am-1pm and runs until May 18.
You may also want to watch:
This is the second time the gallery has exhibited rare prints, having shown a Sir John Tenniel 'Alice in Wonderland' exhibition last year.
For more information visit www.capitalculture.eu.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 3 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 10 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing