Heather Tamplin art show in Salthouse Church
- Credit: Archant
An eclectic artist will be showing off 30 years worth of work at a north Norfolk beauty spot.
Heather Tamplin, a mother-of-five, from Aldborough, will be putting on an exhibition of work from 1983 to 2013 in Salthouse Church from this Saturday to Sunday August 4.
The free exhibition will be open between 11am-5pm daily and will include about 40 pieces - mainly oils and acrylics and three installations.
Ms Tamplin, who moved to Norfolk in the 1980s, said: 'I'm very eclectic and everything inspires me.
'I thought it would be nice to see all my work up. You don't often get the opportunity to see your own body of work.'
The artist will be at the exhibition on most days and pieces will be for sale, the cheapest being £50.
Ms Tamplin grew up in Caterham, Surrey, and said she was interested in drawing and painting since the age of five.
- 1 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 Eight cosy cafés in north Norfolk to visit this winter
- 4 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 5 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK
- 6 Two rescued from sinking fishing boat
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 North Norfolk man charged with drugs offences after arrest in Wales
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 'Norfolk was a big fortress' - man's mission to explore wartime defences
She studied at Wimbledon Art School in the late 1960s and continued to paint while she lived in the Essex area.
She moved to the Wolterton Estate in Norfolk after visiting a friend.
'It is really lovely here. Why would you want to live anywhere else?
'I do love Norfolk for its raw energy and space. The unstructured landscapes are wonderful for decluttering thoughts and stimulating ideas,' she added.
Ms Tamplin was diagnosed with an auto immune liver disease in 2006 - which inspired her to create seven paintings about her liver.
She was also diagnosed with throat cancer in 2011/12 but is now in remission.
? For more information about her work visit www.heathertamplin.co.uk.