Green fingered call to budding gardeners
- Credit: submitted
A plea has been made for budding gardeners to help raise money for charity.
Age UK Norfolk is seeking proud garden owners to open their gardens or hold a garden party to help raise funds for the services it provides to thousands of older people across the county. Age UK Norfolk's Open Garden Season starts on May 1 and runs throughout the summer months.
The first open garden of the season takes place early at Glebe Cottage, Horning Road, Woodbastwick on Sunday, April 24 from midday – 4pm.
Later on in the season Hoveton Hall will be opening especially for Age UK Norfolk on the August Bank Holiday weekend on Sunday, August 28 and Monday, August 29.
Harry Buxton, owner of Hoveton Hall, said: 'We are pleased to be supporting Age UK Norfolk for a second year and look forwards to welcoming people to our event.'
You may also want to watch:
The charity's first year of open gardens raised over £2,000 and included a variety of events held in gardens of all kinds of sizes and shapes.
Helen Chapman, Age UK Norfolk's fundraising relationships and events manager said: 'This year we are looking to grow the fantastic start we had last year and are calling on anyone who has a garden they are proud of to consider opening it or hosting a garden party.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 7 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 8 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
For more information about gardens that will be opening or to register to take part people can visit the website www.ageuknorfolkopengardens.org.uk or call the open gardens registration line on: 01603 785253.