Green fingered call to budding gardeners
- Credit: submitted
A plea has been made for budding gardeners to help raise money for charity.
Age UK Norfolk is seeking proud garden owners to open their gardens or hold a garden party to help raise funds for the services it provides to thousands of older people across the county. Age UK Norfolk's Open Garden Season starts on May 1 and runs throughout the summer months.
The first open garden of the season takes place early at Glebe Cottage, Horning Road, Woodbastwick on Sunday, April 24 from midday – 4pm.
Later on in the season Hoveton Hall will be opening especially for Age UK Norfolk on the August Bank Holiday weekend on Sunday, August 28 and Monday, August 29.
Harry Buxton, owner of Hoveton Hall, said: 'We are pleased to be supporting Age UK Norfolk for a second year and look forwards to welcoming people to our event.'
You may also want to watch:
The charity's first year of open gardens raised over £2,000 and included a variety of events held in gardens of all kinds of sizes and shapes.
Helen Chapman, Age UK Norfolk's fundraising relationships and events manager said: 'This year we are looking to grow the fantastic start we had last year and are calling on anyone who has a garden they are proud of to consider opening it or hosting a garden party.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Prison worker wrote affectionate letters to inmate and they kissed, court told
For more information about gardens that will be opening or to register to take part people can visit the website www.ageuknorfolkopengardens.org.uk or call the open gardens registration line on: 01603 785253.