Summer proms event cancelled as organisers eye 2020 return
- Credit: Archant
The annual Great British Prom outdoor concert at Blickling Estate is taking a break this year, organisers have announced.
Lisa Ward of Revival Productions said the event would return in 2020.
She said: 'We have been running this type of concert for many years and experience shows that sometimes it's good to have a break, with a view to coming back with renewed vigour.
'We know that this event has become a firm favourite in the Norfolk calendar and so we are planning to come back bigger and better in 2020.'
The event's fireworks finale had to be cancelled last year because the ground was too hot.
You may also want to watch:
However, the Proms' companion concert, Classic Ibiza, is still on, and will take place on Friday, August 9.
Jo Bosch, Blicklings's visitor experience manager, said: 'Classic Ibiza promises to be even bigger and better this year.' Visit www.classicibiza.co.uk for more.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall