Summer proms event cancelled as organisers eye 2020 return
- Credit: Archant
The annual Great British Prom outdoor concert at Blickling Estate is taking a break this year, organisers have announced.
Lisa Ward of Revival Productions said the event would return in 2020.
She said: 'We have been running this type of concert for many years and experience shows that sometimes it's good to have a break, with a view to coming back with renewed vigour.
'We know that this event has become a firm favourite in the Norfolk calendar and so we are planning to come back bigger and better in 2020.'
The event's fireworks finale had to be cancelled last year because the ground was too hot.
You may also want to watch:
However, the Proms' companion concert, Classic Ibiza, is still on, and will take place on Friday, August 9.
Jo Bosch, Blicklings's visitor experience manager, said: 'Classic Ibiza promises to be even bigger and better this year.' Visit www.classicibiza.co.uk for more.
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 3 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach