Summer proms event cancelled as organisers eye 2020 return
- Credit: Archant
The annual Great British Prom outdoor concert at Blickling Estate is taking a break this year, organisers have announced.
Lisa Ward of Revival Productions said the event would return in 2020.
She said: 'We have been running this type of concert for many years and experience shows that sometimes it's good to have a break, with a view to coming back with renewed vigour.
'We know that this event has become a firm favourite in the Norfolk calendar and so we are planning to come back bigger and better in 2020.'
The event's fireworks finale had to be cancelled last year because the ground was too hot.
You may also want to watch:
However, the Proms' companion concert, Classic Ibiza, is still on, and will take place on Friday, August 9.
Jo Bosch, Blicklings's visitor experience manager, said: 'Classic Ibiza promises to be even bigger and better this year.' Visit www.classicibiza.co.uk for more.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Stunning photos show seal pups and their mothers amid plea to keep a distance
- 4 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 5 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 6 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 7 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 8 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
- 9 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road