Get ready to rock at village mini festival
- Credit: Archant
Music lovers will be able to hear a taste of what will be on offer at this year's Rock Bodham mini festival after the full line-up will be revealed this weekend.
The event will be in front of a packed crowd at The Crown Inn, Sheringham, on Saturday from 9pm with a live performance from Johnny Romance and the Lovers and a special set from DJ Hagster.
Now in its second year, Rock Bodham was set up to showcase local live music from all over Norfolk and this year features eight bands.
The festival will happen on Sunday, July 21 on Bodham Playing Field from 4pm to 11pm and is part of the Bodham Big Weekend which runs from noon on Friday, July 19 to Sunday, July 21 with many family activities.
The first Bodham Big Weekend, set up by chairman Peter Bedell and a team of community stalwarts, took place in 2008 and coupled the original village fete alongside an evening of live music.
You may also want to watch:
Rock Bodham was started by local music promoter Ben Carpenter, Callum Ringer and Peter Bedell to expand the big weekend event and showcase hidden talents from across Norfolk.
Ben Carpenter said: 'Rock Bodham is dedicated to the local music scene giving bands a chance to get a feel of what it's like to play a mini festival. So if you are a fan of entertainment and live music then this is for you, it truly is a wonderful event so be sure to come along and support it.'
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Dog boutique to celebrate second birthday with treats for pooches
- 10 Driver, 21, left paralysed after crashing into tree, court told
Other performers this year include The Yows Yows, BrickRed Cardio, Drop The Clutch, Jake Morrell, Kamikaze Radio, The Wreckoning and Jack Daniel.
Adult tickets cost £2 but it will be free for under 12s.
Money raised over the weekend will go towards Bodham village causes including the playing field, church and village hall, a meal for elderly residents, a children's Christmas party and the Holt Community First Responders.
Sanders Coaches, one of the event sponsors, will be running buses from 11.15pm after the event for only £1 to Cromer, Sheringham and Holt.