Get creative at ‘quirky’ Alby coffee shop
- Credit: Archant
A coffee house with a difference is bringing a 'quirky edge' to the north Norfolk arts scene.
The Flavour Parlour, which is part of the Alby Crafts and Gardens complex, was opened by illustrator Kirsty Alston, from Alby, in November.
The former teashop has been transformed into an arts and cabaret venue as well as selling homemade food and afternoon teas - all made from local and seasonal produce.
Miss Alston, 28, said: 'Everybody who works here is a performer. Some days you will find a member of staff hula hooping on the stage. It is definitely a quirky venue. We have had all sorts go on here.
'It is very much an alternative arts scene for north Norfolk. We are trying to create a new image and a new style making recycling and upcycling cool. It is a bit like a Womble wonderland.'
You may also want to watch:
Old doors and beds and bits of wood from Brighton Beach have been transformed into furniture and shelves.
The business is open between 10am and 5pm between Tuesdays and Sundays but it also holds evening events.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 4 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 9 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 10 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'
Open mic afternoons are held each day from 3pm to 5pm.
A pancake tea party will take place on Tuesday February 12 between 10am and 4pm.
Couples can also enjoy a candlelit Valentine's Day meal with cabaret entertainment between 7.30pm and 9pm on Thursday February 14. It will cost £20 for two courses or £35 for three.
For more information call 01263 761652, visit www.theflavourparlour.com, email email@example.com or visit the Flavour Parlour's Facebook page.