Fun for all the family at the Bodham Big Weekend
- Credit: Archant
Get ready to rock this weekend at the Bodham Big Weekend which will include fun activities for all the family.
The event starts tomorrow and will culminate this Sunday evening with Rock Bodham which is in its second year.
A family rounders match will kick off the weekend celebrations at 6.30pm tomorrow.
It will be held on Bodham Playing Field and competitors can bring their own picnics.
The match will be followed by a quiz in the village hall at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday a horticultural show will be held in the village hall between 2.15pm and 3.15pm. Entrance is 50p.
For the first time at the big weekend, a dog show will be held on Saturday.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
Registration takes place from 4pm, with the show starting at 4.30pm. It will cost £1 to enter each class.
Prizes will be given out for the most obedient dog; most appealing expression; beautiful eyes; waggiest tail; golden oldie and prettiest puppy under one year.
Families will be able to enjoy a variety of events on Sunday for the funday which starts at noon.
Thorpe Kite Flyers, Trix'N'Stix drumming group and a display of vintage and new tractors will be just some of the attractions.
Rock Bodham will start at 4pm and finish at 11pm.
This year's line up includes The Yows Yows, BrickRed Cardio, Drop The Clutch, Jake Morrell, Kamikaze Radio, The Wreckoning, Johnny Romance and the Lovers, Jack Daniel and DJ Hagster.
Chairman of Bodham Big Weekend Peter Bedell said: 'The Big Weekend has gone from strength to strength and 2012 was the largest event in Bodham's history.'
Six bands played to over 800 people last year and this year the crowds will be entertained by eight bands.
Organiser Ben Carpenter said: 'Rock Bodham is dedicated to the local music scene giving bands a chance to get a feel of what it's like to play a mini festival.
'If you are a fan of entertainment and live music then this is for you, it truly is a wonderful event so be sure to come along and support it.'
Tickets for Rock Bodham cost £2 for adults. Under 12s can go for free. Proceeds will go to Bodham village causes.
From 11.15pm Sanders Coaches will be running buses for only £1 to Cromer, Sheringham and Holt.