Fun family events at Southrepps
Southrepps is hosting three fun family events on Saturday. Last year the biennial Southrepps Fayre successfully revived the former Southrepps Horticultural Show and this year the show is being staged as a stand alone event at the Village Hall in aid of hall funds.
Southrepps is hosting three fun family events on Saturday.
Last year the biennial Southrepps Fayre successfully revived the former Southrepps Horticultural Show and this year the show is being staged as a stand alone event at the Village Hall in aid of hall funds.
The show includes categories for all the usual favourites including, garden produce, flower arranging, crafts and children's entries. There are cash prizes for the winners, this year, sponsored by Groveland Farm Shops. As part of the show there will be produce and bric-a-brac stalls, childrens games and afternoon teas. Entries are accepted on the day and the schedule (entry form) is still available from Southrepps Post Office and the Vernon Arms. Judging takes place in the morning and the show opens to the public at noon.
Saturday is also Open Day at St James Church when the church tower will be open. Southrepps church tower is one of the highest in the county and can be seen for miles around. It is a long but worthwhile climb to the top with spectacular views across the North Norfolk countryside. Lunches will be available at the church.
You may also want to watch:
The garden of the Vernon Arms is the venue for an exhibition of sculpture by local artists. Entry to the sculpture garden is free and refreshments will be available at the pub all day.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 6 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 7 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England