North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- Credit: Archant
A village in north Norfolk can now lay claim to being home to the second-best fish and chip shop in the country.
Eric's Fish and Chips in Thornham was decreed the second-best by Tide, which analysed TripAdvisor data to find the best 'independent fish and chip shop' in the UK. The rankings were based on the restaurant's average rating and the number of reviews they received.
Located on Drove Orchards, Thornham Road, Eric's Fish and Chips has been in business since 2015. With two other locations in East Anglia, the popularity of the restaurant is clear.
Eric's aims to blend nostalgia with a modern European menu, using local ingredients to make their food "simple, fresh, and tasty".
On TripAdvisor, Eric's has 1,209 reviews with an average of four out of five stars, with more than half of these reviews rating it as 'excellent'.
You may also want to watch:
Reviewer, Mary, said that "the fish was out of this world", with another commenting "what a little gem".
- 1 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 2 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 3 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 4 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 5 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 6 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 7 Delays expected on A149 due to roadworks
- 8 'The ultimate challenge' - The man building a boat to beat a world record
- 9 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 10 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest