Folk of Pier Fringe events across Cromer
- Credit: Archant
Lovers of all things folk will be able to indulge in a variety of musical acts around Cromer next weekend.
From open mic sessions and storytellers to singer-songwriters, blues double acts and groups.
The acts will be part of the Folk on the Pier 2013 Fringe event, which takes place between Friday May 10 and Sunday May 12 in a range of venues across the town.
Most of the acts will be free to watch, except Maire Chathasaigh and Chris Newman in Cromer Parish Church at noon on the Saturday and Michael Chapman in the Cliftonville Hotel ballroom at 5pm on the Saturday. Tickets cost £6 and can be bought on the door.
Other venues for the Fringe event include the Cottage; the Albion; the White Horse Inn; the King's Head; the Lifeboat House; Cromer Social Club; Hotel de Paris; the old Rock Shop Bistro; and the Pavilion Theatre bar.
You may also want to watch:
There will be 22 performers throughout the event and gigs will take place between 5pm and 9.30pm on the Friday; noon and 9pm on the Saturday; and 11am and 8pm on the Sunday.
Extra musical sessions will be held throughout the weekend and buskers will be performing throughout the town.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 5 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 8 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 9 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 10 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
Acts involved in the Fringe concerts will include Jerry Harmon, Steve Turner; Freddie Hall; The Jives; The Broadside Boys; Bounty Hounds; Elvis Fontenot and the Sugar Bees; Fran McGillivray and Mike Burke; and Fraser Nimmo.
The main Folk on the Pier festival will be taking place across the same weekend as the Fringe performances.
Tickets for Folk on the Pier have sold out.
It is in its 15th year and attracts about 3,000 music lovers each year.
Some of the UK's top folk and acoustic artists will perform at the festival, including the Joe Broughton's Conservatoire Folk Orchestra which features young talent and will close the show.
For more information about the Fringe event and the various acts due to perform visit www.folkonthepier.co.uk.