Move over rock ‘n’ roll - it’s folk ‘n’ roots at Norfolk coastal theatre
- Credit: Archant
Folk and roots favourites are making a return to the north Norfolk coast, as Sheringham Little Theatre prepares to host its second annual 'showcase' music event, as part of Cromer's Folk on the pier festival.
The showcase will take place on Sunday, March 10, the weekend of the festival, and include an afternoon open mic session where singers, other performers will vie for the favour of judges and an invite to play at Cromer Pier. Entry is free, but all slots for entry into the open mic contest have already been taken.
Among the judges will be Nina Zella, from the trio Banter, who will perform in the evening, from 7pm, tickets are £10.
And on Saturday, March 30, Gerry Colvin, one of the most popular singer/songwriters who have performed at Folk on the Pier of the past 20 years, will play at the Little Theatre, with special guest Anto Morra.
Doors open at 7pm, tickets are £10.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 5 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 8 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay