Move over rock ‘n’ roll - it’s folk ‘n’ roots at Norfolk coastal theatre
- Credit: Archant
Folk and roots favourites are making a return to the north Norfolk coast, as Sheringham Little Theatre prepares to host its second annual 'showcase' music event, as part of Cromer's Folk on the pier festival.
The showcase will take place on Sunday, March 10, the weekend of the festival, and include an afternoon open mic session where singers, other performers will vie for the favour of judges and an invite to play at Cromer Pier. Entry is free, but all slots for entry into the open mic contest have already been taken.
Among the judges will be Nina Zella, from the trio Banter, who will perform in the evening, from 7pm, tickets are £10.
And on Saturday, March 30, Gerry Colvin, one of the most popular singer/songwriters who have performed at Folk on the Pier of the past 20 years, will play at the Little Theatre, with special guest Anto Morra.
Doors open at 7pm, tickets are £10.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 3 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 7 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 8 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 9 Man found dead at parents' home suffered 'sharp decline' in mental health
- 10 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food