Fishing industry meeting in Cromer
A series of meetings discussing the fishing industry in North Norfolk are taking place this week.
North Norfolk is one of the six areas in the UK that has been awarded FLAG [Fishing Local Action Group] status as part of the European Fisheries Fund [EFF] Axis 4 project.
FLAG status means that North Norfolk's fishing industry will have access to a share of the €9.2m funding [which will be apportioned across the six areas] to implement schemes and projects designed to bolster the area's fishing industry.
North Norfolk Business Forum [NNBF] is FLAG's project organisation for this area, and as such, has established a project board under the Chairmanship of John Williams, a well-known figure in North Norfolk's fishing industry.
As part of the process to develop the FLAG strategies, NNBF is holding a series of public consultations to which those involved directly in the fishing industry, and those living in fishing communities are invited drop in, to find out more about FLAG and to share in an exchange of ideas.
You may also want to watch:
One meeting takes place at Oddfellows Hall, Sheringham on Tuesday, May 10 from 6pm - 8pm and another at The Golden Fleece in Wells-next-the-Sea on Thursday, May 12 from 5pm – 7pm.
- 1 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 4 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 5 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 6 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 7 Family's bid to fund 'life-changing' operation for brave Kaiden, eight
- 8 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 9 Lib Dems pick new leader for Norfolk County Council group
- 10 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times