Fishing industry meeting in Cromer
A series of meetings discussing the fishing industry in North Norfolk are taking place this week.
North Norfolk is one of the six areas in the UK that has been awarded FLAG [Fishing Local Action Group] status as part of the European Fisheries Fund [EFF] Axis 4 project.
FLAG status means that North Norfolk's fishing industry will have access to a share of the €9.2m funding [which will be apportioned across the six areas] to implement schemes and projects designed to bolster the area's fishing industry.
North Norfolk Business Forum [NNBF] is FLAG's project organisation for this area, and as such, has established a project board under the Chairmanship of John Williams, a well-known figure in North Norfolk's fishing industry.
As part of the process to develop the FLAG strategies, NNBF is holding a series of public consultations to which those involved directly in the fishing industry, and those living in fishing communities are invited drop in, to find out more about FLAG and to share in an exchange of ideas.
One meeting takes place at Oddfellows Hall, Sheringham on Tuesday, May 10 from 6pm - 8pm and another at The Golden Fleece in Wells-next-the-Sea on Thursday, May 12 from 5pm – 7pm.
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 3 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 4 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 5 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 6 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 7 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 8 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 9 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 10 The village in the path of controversial wind farm cable