Fishing industry meeting in Cromer
A series of meetings discussing the fishing industry in North Norfolk are taking place this week.
North Norfolk is one of the six areas in the UK that has been awarded FLAG [Fishing Local Action Group] status as part of the European Fisheries Fund [EFF] Axis 4 project.
FLAG status means that North Norfolk's fishing industry will have access to a share of the €9.2m funding [which will be apportioned across the six areas] to implement schemes and projects designed to bolster the area's fishing industry.
North Norfolk Business Forum [NNBF] is FLAG's project organisation for this area, and as such, has established a project board under the Chairmanship of John Williams, a well-known figure in North Norfolk's fishing industry.
As part of the process to develop the FLAG strategies, NNBF is holding a series of public consultations to which those involved directly in the fishing industry, and those living in fishing communities are invited drop in, to find out more about FLAG and to share in an exchange of ideas.
One meeting takes place at Oddfellows Hall, Sheringham on Tuesday, May 10 from 6pm - 8pm and another at The Golden Fleece in Wells-next-the-Sea on Thursday, May 12 from 5pm – 7pm.
- 1 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 2 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 3 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 Magistrate's name to live on in charity for young people
- 8 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 9 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 10 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain