Family outdoor half-term fun at Holt Country Park
A range of half-term activities for children and adults are being run at Holt Country Park.
The turn-up-on-the-day events are run by North Norfolk District Council's countryside rangers, and cost £1 per child, with adults free.
Monday February 16 - Shelter building, 10.30am–12.30pm. Learn how to survive in the woods! Build an outdoor shelter from woodland material without any tools. Hot drink and
marshmallows are a reward and there is a prize will be awarded for the best shelter design.
Wednesday February 18 - Explore the woods for winter wildlife, 1-3pm. A mini beast hunt and scavenger hunt to learn about trees and how birds and mammals survive in winter. Make a leaf crown, bird mask and a bird feeder to take home.
Every Monday (1-3.30pm) and Wednesday (10am-noon) there is also the Muddy Boots volunteer club where young volunteer can help with conservation work and wildlife surveys, while learning new skills.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 7 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 8 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 9 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 10 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
For more information about the country park events visit the website www.northnorfolk.org/events, call the countryside ranger on 07920 576634 or email email@example.com