Family outdoor half-term fun at Holt Country Park
A range of half-term activities for children and adults are being run at Holt Country Park.
The turn-up-on-the-day events are run by North Norfolk District Council's countryside rangers, and cost £1 per child, with adults free.
Monday February 16 - Shelter building, 10.30am–12.30pm. Learn how to survive in the woods! Build an outdoor shelter from woodland material without any tools. Hot drink and
marshmallows are a reward and there is a prize will be awarded for the best shelter design.
You may also want to watch:
Wednesday February 18 - Explore the woods for winter wildlife, 1-3pm. A mini beast hunt and scavenger hunt to learn about trees and how birds and mammals survive in winter. Make a leaf crown, bird mask and a bird feeder to take home.
Every Monday (1-3.30pm) and Wednesday (10am-noon) there is also the Muddy Boots volunteer club where young volunteer can help with conservation work and wildlife surveys, while learning new skills.
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
For more information about the country park events visit the website www.northnorfolk.org/events, call the countryside ranger on 07920 576634 or email firstname.lastname@example.org