Family outdoor half-term fun at Holt Country Park
A range of half-term activities for children and adults are being run at Holt Country Park.
The turn-up-on-the-day events are run by North Norfolk District Council's countryside rangers, and cost £1 per child, with adults free.
Monday February 16 - Shelter building, 10.30am–12.30pm. Learn how to survive in the woods! Build an outdoor shelter from woodland material without any tools. Hot drink and
marshmallows are a reward and there is a prize will be awarded for the best shelter design.
You may also want to watch:
Wednesday February 18 - Explore the woods for winter wildlife, 1-3pm. A mini beast hunt and scavenger hunt to learn about trees and how birds and mammals survive in winter. Make a leaf crown, bird mask and a bird feeder to take home.
Every Monday (1-3.30pm) and Wednesday (10am-noon) there is also the Muddy Boots volunteer club where young volunteer can help with conservation work and wildlife surveys, while learning new skills.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 5 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
For more information about the country park events visit the website www.northnorfolk.org/events, call the countryside ranger on 07920 576634 or email firstname.lastname@example.org