Family bird events in North Norfolk
Children and families are being invited to join a bird expert to learn all about the feathered friends in north Norfolk during the half term.
Local bird expert Peter Walton and birds of prey from rescue and rehabilitation centre Birdsense, are taking part in the event, which is being held in a celebration of National Bird Box Week during the February school half-term.
Events organised by North Norfolk District Council are taking place at Holt Country Park on Monday, February 21 and at Bacton Wood, near North Walsham, on Wednesday, February 23. Both events start at 10.15am (the walks begin at 10.45am), and finish at approximately 12.30pm.
On both days Peter Walton will lead a guided bird walk, which will be followed by a talk and then a dramatic aerial display by birds of prey.
Throughout the morning everyone will be able to make a special bird boxes, bird feeders and bird masks to take home.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for each event cost �5 per child, no booking required.
For more information, call 07920 576634 or visit www.northnorfolk.org.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 3 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 4 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?