Family bird events in North Norfolk
Children and families are being invited to join a bird expert to learn all about the feathered friends in north Norfolk during the half term.
Local bird expert Peter Walton and birds of prey from rescue and rehabilitation centre Birdsense, are taking part in the event, which is being held in a celebration of National Bird Box Week during the February school half-term.
Events organised by North Norfolk District Council are taking place at Holt Country Park on Monday, February 21 and at Bacton Wood, near North Walsham, on Wednesday, February 23. Both events start at 10.15am (the walks begin at 10.45am), and finish at approximately 12.30pm.
On both days Peter Walton will lead a guided bird walk, which will be followed by a talk and then a dramatic aerial display by birds of prey.
Throughout the morning everyone will be able to make a special bird boxes, bird feeders and bird masks to take home.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for each event cost �5 per child, no booking required.
For more information, call 07920 576634 or visit www.northnorfolk.org.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats