‘There won’t be a dry eye between us’ - Mum and daughter win ‘unforgettable’ opportunity
- Credit: Archant
A concert featuring X Factor star Andy Abraham singing the hits of Nat King Cole is shaping up to be an emotional one for Rachel Hogg.
The 45-year-old from Lowestoft has won a competition to meet Mr Abraham at the April 5 show at the Cromer Pier's Pavilion Theatre.
Ms Hogg, who plans to take her mum, Hazel Chapman, 74, said Nat King Cole's song Unforgettable had a special place in their hearts.
She said: 'My dad, Malcolm Chapman, sadly passed away in 2013. He was a big Nat King Cole fan and this was his favourite song. It was played at his funeral, which is why it's so special to my mum. The song fitted him perfectly as he was most definitely an unforgettable character. I'm sure when Andy starts to perform that one there won't be a dry eye between us.'
The concert starts at 8pm, visit www.cromerpier.co.uk for more.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 6 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m