‘There won’t be a dry eye between us’ - Mum and daughter win ‘unforgettable’ opportunity
- Credit: Archant
A concert featuring X Factor star Andy Abraham singing the hits of Nat King Cole is shaping up to be an emotional one for Rachel Hogg.
The 45-year-old from Lowestoft has won a competition to meet Mr Abraham at the April 5 show at the Cromer Pier's Pavilion Theatre.
Ms Hogg, who plans to take her mum, Hazel Chapman, 74, said Nat King Cole's song Unforgettable had a special place in their hearts.
She said: 'My dad, Malcolm Chapman, sadly passed away in 2013. He was a big Nat King Cole fan and this was his favourite song. It was played at his funeral, which is why it's so special to my mum. The song fitted him perfectly as he was most definitely an unforgettable character. I'm sure when Andy starts to perform that one there won't be a dry eye between us.'
The concert starts at 8pm, visit www.cromerpier.co.uk for more.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall