Ex Scooch man heads to Cromer Pier
Eurovision song contest fans can see Britain's former singers when a touring musicals show visits Cromer Pier later this month.
Russ Spencer was part of Scooch, the bubblegum pop foursome who performed Flying the Flag in Helsinki in 2007 – a camp and cheesy song and dance number that included lifejacket fitting instructions, trolley dollies and a steward offering a giant sweet to suck on.
Despite reaching number five in the UK charts in the build up it slumped, in the tradition of recent entries, to second bottom with 19 points.
But Russ has shrugged that off and is now starring along with Chris Manning from BBC's 2002 Fame Academy in The Heat is On - a celebration of musicals including Dirty Dancing, Grease, Saturday Night Fever and Hairspray.
The show will also be using local children is on Wednesday October 27. For more information contact to box office on 01263 512495.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 5 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 6 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 7 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 8 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 9 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country