Ex-Butlins Redcoat stars on the pier
Johnny Laff is the star of this year's Christmas Seaside Special at the Pavilion Theatre, Cromer Pier.Like many of today's performers Johnny Laff started his 'show biz' career as a Butlin's Red Coat, doing what he likes best - making people laugh.
Johnny Laff is the star of this year's Christmas Seaside Special at the Pavilion Theatre, Cromer Pier.
Like many of today's performers Johnny Laff started his 'show biz' career as a Butlin's Red Coat, doing what he likes best - making people laugh.
He was then ask to appear with Hughie Green on the Opportunity Knocks road show which Johnny admits taught him a great deal.
After touring with Gary Willmott, Johnny worked on several cruise ships before returning to dry land for a tour with Joe Longthorn, and other theatre work. He has worked with Brian Conley and Lenny Henry and for the past 12 years has toured with Freddie Starr and can be seen on Freddie's video 'The Legend Returns'.
You may also want to watch:
When he is not busy working with Freddie Johnny works in television appearing in series including The Bill and Eastenders.
He also appeared on the big screen in a film with American star Jon Don Baker which was filmed in Norfolk.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 4 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 7 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'
Johnny worked with Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons at the London Palladium and has appeared with Neil Sadaka and Gene Pitney. Johnny has always wanted appear at the Pavilion Theatre and has like so many of today's variety performers always wanted to star in Seaside Special so when the opportunity to headline Christmas Seaside Special came up Johnny was over the moon.
Like many comedians Christmas time for Johnny has worked in Pantomime so this year will not be only a real change but also a chance to fulfil a dream. Christmas Seaside Special opens on Friday 5th December and runs until the 27th. Tickets for all shows are on sale now and are already selling fast.
*The North Norfolk News is offering two seats for a matinee performance of Christmas Seaside Special to the winners of a competition in this week's issue - out now, price 60p.