Debut show at new Walsham gallery
Scenes of the county by north Norfolk artists can be seen at the debut exhibition of the Griffon Gallery in North Walsham.Three from 20, is a showcase by three members of the Norwich 20, an association of prestigious Norfolk artists set up after the Second World War.
Scenes of the county by north Norfolk artists can be seen at the debut exhibition of the Griffon Gallery in North Walsham.
Three from 20, is a showcase by three members of the Norwich 20, an association of prestigious Norfolk artists set up after the Second World War.
Their work is very varied, incorporating paintings of the Norfolk coast by Peter Baldwin, small sculptures depicting the power of the sea to shape and disguise by Steve Kelly and Mike Toll's has created semi abstract pictures using ceramics.
Mr Toll is also the curator of the new gallery. He believes that strength of the exhibition lies in the fact that the three artists who put it together know each other incredibly well.
You may also want to watch:
Converted from an old meeting room of the Griffon partnership office, the new gallery also houses the local tourist office.
Mr Toll said: “It has a friendly feel about it and it is not intimidating.”
- 1 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 4 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 7 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 8 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 9 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 10 Praise for retiring controller who kept an eye on Norfolk's coast
The exhibition runs until February 28 and is open Monday to Friday 10 till 4 at on Vicarage Street, North Walsham. For more information contact Mike Toll, 01962 500321.