Debut show at new Walsham gallery
Scenes of the county by north Norfolk artists can be seen at the debut exhibition of the Griffon Gallery in North Walsham.Three from 20, is a showcase by three members of the Norwich 20, an association of prestigious Norfolk artists set up after the Second World War.
Scenes of the county by north Norfolk artists can be seen at the debut exhibition of the Griffon Gallery in North Walsham.
Three from 20, is a showcase by three members of the Norwich 20, an association of prestigious Norfolk artists set up after the Second World War.
Their work is very varied, incorporating paintings of the Norfolk coast by Peter Baldwin, small sculptures depicting the power of the sea to shape and disguise by Steve Kelly and Mike Toll's has created semi abstract pictures using ceramics.
Mr Toll is also the curator of the new gallery. He believes that strength of the exhibition lies in the fact that the three artists who put it together know each other incredibly well.
You may also want to watch:
Converted from an old meeting room of the Griffon partnership office, the new gallery also houses the local tourist office.
Mr Toll said: “It has a friendly feel about it and it is not intimidating.”
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
The exhibition runs until February 28 and is open Monday to Friday 10 till 4 at on Vicarage Street, North Walsham. For more information contact Mike Toll, 01962 500321.