Debut show at new Walsham gallery
Scenes of the county by north Norfolk artists can be seen at the debut exhibition of the Griffon Gallery in North Walsham.Three from 20, is a showcase by three members of the Norwich 20, an association of prestigious Norfolk artists set up after the Second World War.
Scenes of the county by north Norfolk artists can be seen at the debut exhibition of the Griffon Gallery in North Walsham.
Three from 20, is a showcase by three members of the Norwich 20, an association of prestigious Norfolk artists set up after the Second World War.
Their work is very varied, incorporating paintings of the Norfolk coast by Peter Baldwin, small sculptures depicting the power of the sea to shape and disguise by Steve Kelly and Mike Toll's has created semi abstract pictures using ceramics.
Mr Toll is also the curator of the new gallery. He believes that strength of the exhibition lies in the fact that the three artists who put it together know each other incredibly well.
Converted from an old meeting room of the Griffon partnership office, the new gallery also houses the local tourist office.
Mr Toll said: “It has a friendly feel about it and it is not intimidating.”
- 1 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 2 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 3 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 4 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 5 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 6 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 7 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 8 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 9 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 10 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
The exhibition runs until February 28 and is open Monday to Friday 10 till 4 at on Vicarage Street, North Walsham. For more information contact Mike Toll, 01962 500321.