Brancaster has one of the whitest beaches in the UK
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
A Norfolk beach has been named among the UK’s top 10 beaches with the whitest sand.
Brancaster has been highlighted in the report by Parkdean Resorts.
The holiday company analysed the sand shades of 50 different beaches and came up with a list of the top 10 with the whitest shade.
The top-ranking beach was Kynance Cove in Cornwall, followed by Appletree Bay in the Isles of Scilly and St Ives in Cornwall.
West Wittering was followed by Brancaster, situated between Hunstanton and Holkham on the Norfolk coast, at number eight.
You may also want to watch:
Fistral Beach in Cornwall came in at number nine and Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland at number 10.
A spokesman from Parkdean Resorts said: “By analysing the shade of the UK’s top 50 beaches we were able to rank the beaches by their sand tone, helping us define the top UK beaches with the whitest sand - so you can find the staycation with your perfect shade of summer.”
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Person found following lifeboat search in north Norfolk
- 3 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 5 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 6 How realistic is Vigil? Verdict of former submariner from Aylsham
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Water leak outside disabled man's home not fixed for three weeks
- 9 Arrests after gang threw glass bottles and kicked victims
- 10 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary