Curtain up on Mundesley Festival
Big band sounds, jazz, folk, variety and “squit” are among the entertainment as the curtain goes up on the annual Mundesley Festival.Among the acts is singer Isla St Clair, who found fame on prime time TV in the 1970s as the glamorous assistant to Generation Game host Larry Grayson, but who is an accomplished folk artist in her own right.
Big band sounds, jazz, folk, variety and “squit” are among the entertainment as the curtain goes up on the annual Mundesley Festival.
Among the acts is singer Isla St Clair, who found fame on prime time TV in the 1970s as the glamorous assistant to Generation Game host Larry Grayson, but who is an accomplished folk artist in her own right.
The week opens with a music hall variety night on Sunday August 3, and closes with Andrew Lloyd show songs by Upper Octave the following Saturday.
In between there is the Jonathan a big band, the Press Gang on another leg of their farewell tour, jazz and song from Dennis Lotis, and a tribute to Oscar Peterson.
You may also want to watch:
Derek Kirk, general manager of the event, now in its 24th year, said ticket sales were going well particularly for the big band and Denis Lotis.
Programme: (all events at the Coronation Hall at 7.45pm)
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 5 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 6 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 9 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 10 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
Sunday August 3 - Old Time Music Hall, with chairman Peachy Mead, Tim Lane, Eve Bridger, Brian Chamberlin, Giovanni and David.
Monday August 4 - Jonathan Wyatt Big Band with Ollie Day
Tuesday August 5 - Keith Skipper and the Press Gang present Norfolk humour
Wednesday August 6 - Denis Lotis and jazz friends including trumpeter Ronnie Hughes
Thursday August 7 - Isla St Clair, Scottish songs and anecdotes, with acoustic guitarist Richard Taylor
Friday August 8 - Oscar Peterson tribute with Helen Baden and the Clive Milverton Trio
Saturday August 9 - Upper Octave with Lloyd Webber show songs
Tickets from the box office 01263 721189, or mobile 07867 632998