Cromer talk on Victorian lensman for Big C charity
The life of a pioneering north Norfolk photographer will be revealed at an illustrated talk.
A Victorian Gentleman's North Norfolk: WJJ Bolding and his place in early photography, will be presented by Richard Jefferson at Suffield Park Bowls Club, Station Road, Cromer, on Thursday November 20 at 7pm.
The talk is part of a series of events by the Cromer Society.
WJJ Bolding (1815-1899) lived in Weybourne in what is now the Maltings Hotel.
He owned a lot of land in north Norfolk and farmed, malted and brewed in Weybourne.
Proceeds from the talk go towards the Big C charity, based in Norfolk and Waveney.
Tickets cost £3 for society members and £5 for non-members.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 3 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 7 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 8 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Man found dead at parents' home suffered 'sharp decline' in mental health