Cromer talk on Victorian lensman for Big C charity
The life of a pioneering north Norfolk photographer will be revealed at an illustrated talk.
A Victorian Gentleman's North Norfolk: WJJ Bolding and his place in early photography, will be presented by Richard Jefferson at Suffield Park Bowls Club, Station Road, Cromer, on Thursday November 20 at 7pm.
The talk is part of a series of events by the Cromer Society.
WJJ Bolding (1815-1899) lived in Weybourne in what is now the Maltings Hotel.
He owned a lot of land in north Norfolk and farmed, malted and brewed in Weybourne.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the talk go towards the Big C charity, based in Norfolk and Waveney.
Tickets cost £3 for society members and £5 for non-members.
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?