Cromer music festival entries open
Singers and instrumentalists can now enter an annual music festival in North Norfolk.
The syllabus for the 64th music festival, which is part of the Cromer and North Norfolk Festival of Music, Dance and Speech, has been launched.
The event runs at the town's community hall and parish hall from April 30 to May 3, with categories including piano, woodwind, strings and chamber music, vocalists and choirs.
It is being organised by Liz Whitehouse who has organised similar classes for the Broadland festival over a number of years.
The adjudicator giving feedback to participants will be Margaret Smith, a former director of music at a prestigious girls' school and founder of the Chippendale Singers chamber choir, both in her native Yorkshire.
You may also want to watch:
Syllabus booklets are available from Merchants' Place and the information centre at Cromer, and St George's music shop in Norwich, or from Mrs Whitehouse at 41 High Street, Marsham, NR10 5QA, phone 01263 734888 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be in by March 1.
The dance festival will take place the Auden Theatre Holt from April 15-17.
- 1 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 2 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 5 How dairy?! See town's ice-cream cone Christmas tree
- 6 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 7 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
- 8 Village's shops transform into giant advent calendar
- 9 Unique property overlooking Norfolk's Salthouse Marshes is for sale for £800,000
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'