Cromer music festival entries open
Singers and instrumentalists can now enter an annual music festival in North Norfolk.
The syllabus for the 64th music festival, which is part of the Cromer and North Norfolk Festival of Music, Dance and Speech, has been launched.
The event runs at the town's community hall and parish hall from April 30 to May 3, with categories including piano, woodwind, strings and chamber music, vocalists and choirs.
It is being organised by Liz Whitehouse who has organised similar classes for the Broadland festival over a number of years.
The adjudicator giving feedback to participants will be Margaret Smith, a former director of music at a prestigious girls' school and founder of the Chippendale Singers chamber choir, both in her native Yorkshire.
You may also want to watch:
Syllabus booklets are available from Merchants' Place and the information centre at Cromer, and St George's music shop in Norwich, or from Mrs Whitehouse at 41 High Street, Marsham, NR10 5QA, phone 01263 734888 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be in by March 1.
The dance festival will take place the Auden Theatre Holt from April 15-17.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car