Cromer music festival entries open
Singers and instrumentalists can now enter an annual music festival in North Norfolk.
The syllabus for the 64th music festival, which is part of the Cromer and North Norfolk Festival of Music, Dance and Speech, has been launched.
The event runs at the town's community hall and parish hall from April 30 to May 3, with categories including piano, woodwind, strings and chamber music, vocalists and choirs.
It is being organised by Liz Whitehouse who has organised similar classes for the Broadland festival over a number of years.
The adjudicator giving feedback to participants will be Margaret Smith, a former director of music at a prestigious girls' school and founder of the Chippendale Singers chamber choir, both in her native Yorkshire.
Syllabus booklets are available from Merchants' Place and the information centre at Cromer, and St George's music shop in Norwich, or from Mrs Whitehouse at 41 High Street, Marsham, NR10 5QA, phone 01263 734888 or e-mail email@example.com. Entries must be in by March 1.
The dance festival will take place the Auden Theatre Holt from April 15-17.
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 6 Soaring cost-of-living among objections to car park charge rises
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 9 Book shop partners open new branch for second-hand volumes
- 10 Norfolk train station features as 'pointless' answer on BBC TV show