Cromer music festival entries open
Singers and instrumentalists can now enter an annual music festival in North Norfolk.
The syllabus for the 64th music festival, which is part of the Cromer and North Norfolk Festival of Music, Dance and Speech, has been launched.
The event runs at the town's community hall and parish hall from April 30 to May 3, with categories including piano, woodwind, strings and chamber music, vocalists and choirs.
It is being organised by Liz Whitehouse who has organised similar classes for the Broadland festival over a number of years.
The adjudicator giving feedback to participants will be Margaret Smith, a former director of music at a prestigious girls' school and founder of the Chippendale Singers chamber choir, both in her native Yorkshire.
You may also want to watch:
Syllabus booklets are available from Merchants' Place and the information centre at Cromer, and St George's music shop in Norwich, or from Mrs Whitehouse at 41 High Street, Marsham, NR10 5QA, phone 01263 734888 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be in by March 1.
The dance festival will take place the Auden Theatre Holt from April 15-17.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Prison worker wrote affectionate letters to inmate and they kissed, court told