Cromer dialect festival date
An annual showcase of the Norfolk Dialect is taking place in Cromer on Tuesday May10.
The event, which has been running for more than 30 years, is part of the Cromer and North Norfolk Festival.
Part of the programme involves entrants performing pieces written in dialect such as the Boy John Letters.
The second half is a fun celebration open to allcomers including well known local entertainers such as Keith Loads, Pat Nearney and Colin Burleigh doing their party pieces, and Danny Platton performing songs with a local flavour.
The event starts at 7.30pm with tickets �2 on the door.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 5 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 6 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 7 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 8 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 9 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 10 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row