Cromer Carnival parade 2019: All you need to know
- Credit: Archant
The countdown is on to the Cromer Carnival Parade, which will assemble at the carnival field in Runton Road from 5.15pm on Wednesday, August 21.
The judging of the floats and fancy dress will be at 5.45pm, and competitors must be in position five minutes earlier.
In addition, floats will be judged en route during the procession to find the most entertaining float.
At 6.30pm motorbikes and trikes will be in position for the start of the parade. Fifteen minutes later the motorbikes and trikes will start off and travel around the parade route.
The Cromer Grand Carnival Parade at 7pm will pass through the town via Runton Road, Prince of Wales Road, Hamilton Road, Church Street, Mount Street, Louden Road, West Street, Beach Road and return to the Runton Road car park.
You may also want to watch:
The parade will be led by The Romford Drum and Trumpet Corp and The Norwich Pipe Band.
Bands playing at various places around the parade route will include Pure Steel and Smokehouse Blues.
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 5 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 6 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 7 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 8 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 9 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
A percentage of all bucket takings from the collection made at this year's parade will be donated to a local cause.
On Carnival Day, cars parked on the Runton Road car park after 6.30pm will not be able to leave the car park until after the parade has finished, at about 10pm. All cars leaving the field will be directed right towards Sheringham.
Cromer town road closures will be in force between 6.30pm and 9.30pm. There will be no traffic movement until the parade has finished.
Sanders Coaches tweeted: "On Wednesday, August 21, it's @CromerCarnival parade day. We are operating a park and ride from West gate, Holt road, Cromer. This is the field just off the layby on the Holt road between the council offices and the Felbrigg roundabout. It runs between 9.30am and 10.30pm #Cromer."
Cromer Carnival runs until Friday, August 23. For more information pick up a programme or visit www.cromercarnival.com