Cafe’s art exhibition will support people with mental health problems
- Credit: Archant
Work by more than 40 north Norfolk artists will be on show at the Art House Cafe, Cromer, this month, as part of an exhibition organised to raise cash for mental health charity Mind.
The show features more than 90 paintings, prints and sculptures, with subjects ranging from the beach and countryside, to the area's wildlife.
It is part of a series of personal fundraising challenges organised by cafe staff members Chelsie Stewart and Sam Rose, who are also planning to run the Norwich 10k in July and walk the National Three Peaks Challenge in August.
The pair will be raising cash for Mind, and for the Nancy Oldfield Trust, which provides sailing and other water-based activities for people with disabilities.
Ms Stewart said raising funds for charity was an enjoyable way of giving something back to the community.
You may also want to watch:
"She added: "We are both lucky to have wonderful families surrounding us, including our extended cafe family, and we want others to be able to have the same support that we do."
Art and Mind runs at the Art House Cafe, High Street, Cromer, until June 28. For more information, visit www.arthouse-cafe.co.uk
- 1 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 5 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay