Creative summer arts festival for children
- Credit: Archant
Mad science, den building storytellers and shadow puppets will be just some of the attractions at a creative children's festival this summer.
Falcon - Festival of arts and literature for children of Norfolk - started last year and will return on Sunday, June 23 at Gresham's Prep School in Holt.
It is aimed at primary school children but last year's event at Holt Hall was popular with parents, according to Falcon committee chairman Phil Barrett.
Mr Barrett said: 'There is an increasing problem where children at home are not being read to because they are often stuck on their electronic devices. Kids are going into schools without proper communication skills. We are trying to break that down.'
He added: 'We at Falcon are trying to work together with schools and libraries. There are a large number of creative people in Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
The day will take place between 10am and 6pm and tickets bought in advance will cost £5 or £10 on the day.
About 600 people came to last year's event where there was a 'real buzz', according to Mr Barrett.
- 1 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 6 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
Fundraising concerts for the event will be held at St Andrew's Church in Holt.
On Saturday, April 13 violinist Sara Cubarsi will perform with pianist Seungwon Lee from 6.30pm. It will be free but donations can be made.
For more information visit www.falconholt.org.