Creative summer arts festival for children
- Credit: Archant
Mad science, den building storytellers and shadow puppets will be just some of the attractions at a creative children's festival this summer.
Falcon - Festival of arts and literature for children of Norfolk - started last year and will return on Sunday, June 23 at Gresham's Prep School in Holt.
It is aimed at primary school children but last year's event at Holt Hall was popular with parents, according to Falcon committee chairman Phil Barrett.
Mr Barrett said: 'There is an increasing problem where children at home are not being read to because they are often stuck on their electronic devices. Kids are going into schools without proper communication skills. We are trying to break that down.'
He added: 'We at Falcon are trying to work together with schools and libraries. There are a large number of creative people in Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
The day will take place between 10am and 6pm and tickets bought in advance will cost £5 or £10 on the day.
About 600 people came to last year's event where there was a 'real buzz', according to Mr Barrett.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 4 WATCH: Military plane flies low over Cromer Pier
- 5 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 6 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 7 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 8 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 9 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
Fundraising concerts for the event will be held at St Andrew's Church in Holt.
On Saturday, April 13 violinist Sara Cubarsi will perform with pianist Seungwon Lee from 6.30pm. It will be free but donations can be made.
For more information visit www.falconholt.org.