Side-splitting comedy show by top TV writing duo will raise cash for seaside theatre
- Credit: Archant
A comedy show penned by a writing double act whose TV credits include The Two Ronnies and My Family promises to have audiences rolling in the aisles, when it is performed by a 16-strong cast to raise funds for Sheringham Little Theatre.
Radio Fun, a revue of sketches, songs, jokes and poems in the style of a live BBC radio broadcast, has been written by Paul Minett, from Aylsham, and Brian Leveson, from north London, who began writing together for charity events as a hobby in the 1980s.
The pair went on to pen sketches for top acts including The Two Ronnies, Brian Conley and Bobby Davro, as well as working on TV sitcoms ranging from Up Pompeii, to the period drama Time after Time, and penning screenplays for films including The Booze Cruise, which starred Martin Clunes.
Mr Minett said: "When I worked at EMI records my boss knew we wrote for fun and asked us to write the lyrics for a comedy mother-in-law song for Les Dawson, which never happened, but we did do a rock and roll one for Russ Abbot in 1981."
The commission led to the pair carving a comedy writing career that has seen them work with stars ranging from Frankie Howerd and Kenny Everitt, to Les Dennis and Noel Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Minett, who moved to Norfolk from Kent four years ago, said that having been involved in amateur dramatics for 30 years, he was keen to support the Little Theatre, where he appeared in the Terrence Rattigan play The Winslow Boy earlier this year.
He added: Brian and I had already written our Radio Fun revue show for a charity in Orpington, so when there was talk of a show for the Little Theatre, we thought this would be ideal."
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 10 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer
Little Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: "This will be a brilliant show for anyone who loves a good laugh and to have such a talented writing team behind it, combined with the cream of local actors raising funds for the theatre, it has already put a big smile on our face."
Radio Fun, featuring music, sound effects and audience interaction, will be performed by the Little Theatre Players at 7.30pm nightly from November 14-16.
Tickets, priced £11, are available from the box office 01263 822347 or from www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com