Side-splitting comedy show by top TV writing duo will raise cash for seaside theatre
- Credit: Archant
A comedy show penned by a writing double act whose TV credits include The Two Ronnies and My Family promises to have audiences rolling in the aisles, when it is performed by a 16-strong cast to raise funds for Sheringham Little Theatre.
Radio Fun, a revue of sketches, songs, jokes and poems in the style of a live BBC radio broadcast, has been written by Paul Minett, from Aylsham, and Brian Leveson, from north London, who began writing together for charity events as a hobby in the 1980s.
The pair went on to pen sketches for top acts including The Two Ronnies, Brian Conley and Bobby Davro, as well as working on TV sitcoms ranging from Up Pompeii, to the period drama Time after Time, and penning screenplays for films including The Booze Cruise, which starred Martin Clunes.
Mr Minett said: "When I worked at EMI records my boss knew we wrote for fun and asked us to write the lyrics for a comedy mother-in-law song for Les Dawson, which never happened, but we did do a rock and roll one for Russ Abbot in 1981."
The commission led to the pair carving a comedy writing career that has seen them work with stars ranging from Frankie Howerd and Kenny Everitt, to Les Dennis and Noel Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Minett, who moved to Norfolk from Kent four years ago, said that having been involved in amateur dramatics for 30 years, he was keen to support the Little Theatre, where he appeared in the Terrence Rattigan play The Winslow Boy earlier this year.
He added: Brian and I had already written our Radio Fun revue show for a charity in Orpington, so when there was talk of a show for the Little Theatre, we thought this would be ideal."
- 1 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 2 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 5 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay
Little Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: "This will be a brilliant show for anyone who loves a good laugh and to have such a talented writing team behind it, combined with the cream of local actors raising funds for the theatre, it has already put a big smile on our face."
Radio Fun, featuring music, sound effects and audience interaction, will be performed by the Little Theatre Players at 7.30pm nightly from November 14-16.
Tickets, priced £11, are available from the box office 01263 822347 or from www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com