Comedy and thriller at Sheringham little theatre
- Credit: Archant
A tale of comedy and pathos will be performed as part of the Sheringham summer rep next week.
We Found Love and an Exquisite Set of Porcelain Figurines Abroad the SS Farndale Avenue will be shown at Sheringham Little Theatre from Monday, August 26-Saturday, August 31 at 8pm.
Matinees will be put on at 2.30pm on August 27 and August 31.
The play was written by David McGillivray and Walter Zerlin Jnr and has been directed by Simon Thompson.
It will be acted by Rupert Mason, Madelaine Brolly, Sarah Langton, Loraine Metcalf and Harry Williams, who will take on various roles.
The show focuses on the Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society.
Members of the amateur dramatic society are attempting to put on a production to entertain the village and choose a 1930s-style musical set on a luxury cruise liner.
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 5 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 Norfolk coastal trek named among best UK pub walks
- 8 Obituary: Blacksmith who began career in abandoned cowshed dies at 74
- 9 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
It is all about how the cast struggle to rehearse and end up bickering.
Tickets cost £13 for matinees; £10 for under 18s; £15 for evening shows between Mondays and Thursdays; and £16 for shows on Friday and Saturday evenings.
For more information or to book call the box office on 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com.
Another summer rep production, Deathtrap, will be performed until August 24 at 8pm. A matinee show at 2.30pm will be taking place on August 24.
The thriller, written by Ira Levin, stars Rupert Mason, Loraine Metcalfe, Joshua Jefferies, Rebecca Todd and Cornelius Garrett.