Comedy and country combine at Mundesley Festival
Norfolk comedy and country bluegrass music will combine to launch the Mundesley Festival this summer.The event has already announced the New Seekers as its headline act, and is now piecing together the final parts of a week- long programme.
Norfolk comedy and country bluegrass music will combine to launch the Mundesley Festival this summer.
The event has already announced the New Seekers as its headline act, and is now piecing together the final parts of a week- long programme.
Opening the week on Sunday night August 1 will be the local humour of Keith Loads which went down well at the Cromer Pier Christmas Show, as well as talented country bluegrass musician Hayley Moyses from Norwich who appeared at the Cromer folk festival last year.
Keith's comic partner from the Cromer festive show Olly Day is also heading to the Mundesley week, running until August 7, as a singer, alongside Lynsey Ball, with the Jonathan Wyatt big band on the Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Comedy music from Richard Digence is on the Tuesday night, while evergreen jazzman Terry Lightfoot is joined by his daughter Melinda on Wednesday.
The New Seekers, who topped the charts with I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing in 1972, and had a string of other singalong hits, appear on Thursday, August 5.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 4 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 5 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 6 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
Friday night sees Paul Leegan and the Legends recreating the 1950s rock and skiffle music of stars such as Lonnie Donegan and Buddy Holly.
Saturday's closing night is still to be confirmed.
Reservations and information are available from 01263 721189 or 07867 632998 or www mundesleyfestival.co.uk