Comedy and country combine at Mundesley Festival
Norfolk comedy and country bluegrass music will combine to launch the Mundesley Festival this summer.The event has already announced the New Seekers as its headline act, and is now piecing together the final parts of a week- long programme.
Norfolk comedy and country bluegrass music will combine to launch the Mundesley Festival this summer.
The event has already announced the New Seekers as its headline act, and is now piecing together the final parts of a week- long programme.
Opening the week on Sunday night August 1 will be the local humour of Keith Loads which went down well at the Cromer Pier Christmas Show, as well as talented country bluegrass musician Hayley Moyses from Norwich who appeared at the Cromer folk festival last year.
Keith's comic partner from the Cromer festive show Olly Day is also heading to the Mundesley week, running until August 7, as a singer, alongside Lynsey Ball, with the Jonathan Wyatt big band on the Monday.
Comedy music from Richard Digence is on the Tuesday night, while evergreen jazzman Terry Lightfoot is joined by his daughter Melinda on Wednesday.
The New Seekers, who topped the charts with I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing in 1972, and had a string of other singalong hits, appear on Thursday, August 5.
- 1 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 2 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 3 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 4 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 5 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 6 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 7 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 8 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 9 Hundreds visit new art gallery in Cromer in its first week
- 10 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
Friday night sees Paul Leegan and the Legends recreating the 1950s rock and skiffle music of stars such as Lonnie Donegan and Buddy Holly.
Saturday's closing night is still to be confirmed.
Reservations and information are available from 01263 721189 or 07867 632998 or www mundesleyfestival.co.uk