Classical music concert at Barton Turf church
Musical classics by Mozart and Haydn will be performed at a choral concert this weekend.
The Barton Turf Choral Society's spring concert is happening on Saturday April 25 at St Michael and All Angels Church in Barton Turf. It starts at 7pm.
Although the two main works being performed have similar titles; Haydn - Missa Brevis No7 and Mozart - Missa Brevis in D, and the words are the same, the music will be completely different from each other.
Audience members will be able to enjoy a rousing rendition of The Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah, performed by the combined voices of the Choral Society and Broadbeat choir.
The choral society will also be joined by young soloists from Norwich Cathedral, including soprano Rosamund Walton, counter-tenor Colin Shaw, tenor Dan Bartlette and bass Dhilan Gnanadurai.
They will be accompanied by The Barton Players; a quartet of local string players, and by organist David Dunnett, of Norwich Cathedral.
Entry is by programme and it will cost £12 for adults £12 and £6 for children and students. Call 01603 760669 for tickets in advance or pay on the door. The post code of the church is NR12 8YU.
- 1 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 2 Light it up! Hundreds flock to Cromer Christmas festival
- 3 New 'boutique hotel' for hedgehogs opens in north Norfolk
- 4 Delving into north Norfolk's rich railway history with the U3A
- 5 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 6 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 7 Village sub postmistress hangs up her date stamp after 24 years
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 10 Your say: How would you improve Holt?