Classical music concert at Barton Turf church
Musical classics by Mozart and Haydn will be performed at a choral concert this weekend.
The Barton Turf Choral Society's spring concert is happening on Saturday April 25 at St Michael and All Angels Church in Barton Turf. It starts at 7pm.
Although the two main works being performed have similar titles; Haydn - Missa Brevis No7 and Mozart - Missa Brevis in D, and the words are the same, the music will be completely different from each other.
Audience members will be able to enjoy a rousing rendition of The Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah, performed by the combined voices of the Choral Society and Broadbeat choir.
The choral society will also be joined by young soloists from Norwich Cathedral, including soprano Rosamund Walton, counter-tenor Colin Shaw, tenor Dan Bartlette and bass Dhilan Gnanadurai.
You may also want to watch:
They will be accompanied by The Barton Players; a quartet of local string players, and by organist David Dunnett, of Norwich Cathedral.
Entry is by programme and it will cost £12 for adults £12 and £6 for children and students. Call 01603 760669 for tickets in advance or pay on the door. The post code of the church is NR12 8YU.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake