Classic war film screening will mark Royal Air Force’s 100th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk seaside theatre is saluting 100 years of the RAF by screening two classic films celebrating the bravery of its wartime airmen.
A Norfolk seaside theatre is saluting 100 years of the RAF by screening two classic films celebrating the bravery of its wartime airmen.
The area has played a large roll in the RAF's history, playing host to a string of air bases, particularly during the Second World War.
On Saturday, April 1 Sheringham Little Theatre has a 2.30pm showing of the Battle of Britain starring Laurence Olivier, Michael Caine and Christopher Plummer as RAF fighter pilots.
At 7.30pm The Dam Busters will be screened, telling the story of the bouncing bomb raids on German dams. Theatre director Debbie
You may also want to watch:
Thompson said: 'Because of north Norfolk's strong connections with the RAF we felt it was only fitting that we devoted an event to the people who served.'
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 5 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 8 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk