Classic Ibiza 2020: What’s new at huge outdoor dance party?
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
Organisers of Norfolk's annual Classic Ibiza dance party have vowed to take the event to 'a different level' for its fifth anniversary event next year.
The concert, which takes place in the grounds of Blickling Estate, will now be on a Saturday evening instead of a Friday, and will feature an extra DJ who will play a 'chill-out' set from 6.30pm.
Lisa Ward, event director, said she was excited about the plans for the event, which drew more than 8,000 to Blickling earlier this year.
Ms Ward said: "The format for next year's concert is changing slightly and, having done 22 concerts around the country and Europe, including the prestigious Black and Gold closing party at the Ocean Club in Marbella, we've listened to our audiences and we're introducing some really amazing new features.
"Our visitors want to get up and dance as soon as the music starts, so the music will naturally transition as the sun sets, upping the tempo and ensuring everyone is on their feet.
You may also want to watch:
"Think sundown at your favourite Mediterranean beach club; we're going to transport that Ibiza summer vibe to our UK audiences with the likes of Roger Sanchez and Moby, 808 State and William Orbit."
The Urban Soul Orchestra will play from 8pm, followed by DJ Goldierocks at 9pm before the orchestra returns to the stage at 9.30pm to play non-stop White Isle classics.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 4 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road
Ms Ward added: "This year's concerts have been phenomenal, but 2020 is going to be a different level.
"We've got other ideas up our sleeves too which we'll confirm early next year. We all love returning to Blickling as it does feel like coming home, so come and celebrate with us."
Next year's gig takes place on August 8. Visit www.classicibiza.co.uk or 01283 841601 for more information or to book tickets.
The first Classic Ibiza was held in 2016, and the event has grown each year. Visitors can bring their own food and drink, and there are also stalls selling street-food and refreshments.
Early bird tickets have sold out, but there are still 'tier 2' tickets available for £42.50. Car parking is free.