Cantamus Choir performance in Southrepps
- Credit: Archant
A Vivaldi classic and English folk songs will be the stars of the show in a church concert this Friday.
The Cantamus Choir will be performing in St Jame's Church, Southrepps, from 7pm.
The main feature of the concert will be a rendition of Vivaldi's Gloria.
Other works performed during the night will include English folk and part songs from composers including Elgar, Dyson and Britten.
David Ballard is director of the choir and the accompanist on the night will be Matthew Bond.
You may also want to watch:
Main performers in the concert will be Verity Ransom and Clare Durrant, who are both sopranos, as well as Jo Oxborough who is a contralto singer.
Tickets cost £5 and can be bought on the door.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 5 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
Musician Antonio Vivaldi wrote several versions of the choral composition Gloria.
He was known to have written at least three Gloria pieces of music.
Anyone can join the friendly choir and no previous musical experience or knowledge is required.
Currently the choir needs more men singers and is particularly keen to recruit singers in the alto, tenor, and bass sections.
The Cantamus Choir was set up in 1998 at St Margaret's Church, Thorpe Market.
It was initially established to sing Stainer: The 'Crucifixion on Good Friday.
The group has a strong community spirit and currently practises on Thursday evenings at St. James, Southrepps, 7.30 - 9.30pm. The next practise session will be on Thursday September 5.
Anyone interested in joining should email Davidballard@hotmail.co.uk and for more information about the choir visit www.thorpemarket.org.uk/cantamus.htm.