Cantamus Choir performance in Southrepps
- Credit: Archant
A Vivaldi classic and English folk songs will be the stars of the show in a church concert this Friday.
The Cantamus Choir will be performing in St Jame's Church, Southrepps, from 7pm.
The main feature of the concert will be a rendition of Vivaldi's Gloria.
Other works performed during the night will include English folk and part songs from composers including Elgar, Dyson and Britten.
David Ballard is director of the choir and the accompanist on the night will be Matthew Bond.
Main performers in the concert will be Verity Ransom and Clare Durrant, who are both sopranos, as well as Jo Oxborough who is a contralto singer.
Tickets cost £5 and can be bought on the door.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 7 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 8 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 9 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
Musician Antonio Vivaldi wrote several versions of the choral composition Gloria.
He was known to have written at least three Gloria pieces of music.
Anyone can join the friendly choir and no previous musical experience or knowledge is required.
Currently the choir needs more men singers and is particularly keen to recruit singers in the alto, tenor, and bass sections.
The Cantamus Choir was set up in 1998 at St Margaret's Church, Thorpe Market.
It was initially established to sing Stainer: The 'Crucifixion on Good Friday.
The group has a strong community spirit and currently practises on Thursday evenings at St. James, Southrepps, 7.30 - 9.30pm. The next practise session will be on Thursday September 5.
Anyone interested in joining should email Davidballard@hotmail.co.uk and for more information about the choir visit www.thorpemarket.org.uk/cantamus.htm.