Can you help name this seaside festival?
- Credit: Archant
Ideas on what to call an annual festival which takes place in Mundesley have been sought.
The north Norfolk village has held a summer festival for more than 30 years and now organisers are seeking a name for its new incarnation, which will feature 'many and varied talents from North Norfolk'.
Opening the week of entertainment will be a cabaret evening headlined by singer-songwriter Paul Thompson renowned for his Guinness world record, milk float/stage called Blue Bell.
Other events will include a 'murder-mystery' experience, a 40s-style dance with jazz singer Sarah Mai and her band, a show by the 1st Mundesley Air Scouts, a performance by North Walsham's Footnotes School of Dance, a ceilidh and Norwich-based pop punk band Couch.
The festival will take place August 8-17. Suggestions for a festival name can be emailed to NameTheFestival@gmail.com, and the winning entrant will receive two tickets to a festival event of their choice.
- 1 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 2 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 3 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 4 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 5 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 6 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 7 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 8 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 9 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 10 Will Anne Boleyn’s ghost appear on this Norwich bridge tonight?