Brew up to help armed forces charity
A big brew up will switch the kettle on at Cromer tomorrow in aid of a national military charity.
Chairman of North Norfolk District Council, Gloria Lisher, chose to support the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen & Families Association during her year in office, so councillors and volunteers will be joining in the Big Brew Up fund-raising event.
They will be in action with cuppas and cakes at the district council headquarters on Holt Road, Cromer and at the North Norfolk Information Centre in Cromer.
Tea, coffee and cakes - donated by local businesses and supporters - will be available for all visiting members of the public as well as staff at both locations between 10am and noon on the day.
SSAFA is the leading national charity committed to helping and supporting past and present service personnel and their families, helping more than 50,000 people each year.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach