Bouncers at Sheringham Little Theatre
Sheringham Little Theatre's summer repertory continues this week with the second outing for John Godber's classic comedy Bouncers.Set in a northern nightclub, the play features four actors who, as well as playing a quartet of British bouncers, portray more than 20 characters - from giggling girls and lads on the make, to hooray Henrys and pogo-ing punks.
Sheringham Little Theatre's summer repertory continues this week with the second outing for John Godber's classic comedy Bouncers.
Set in a northern nightclub, the play features four actors who, as well as playing a quartet of British bouncers, portray more than 20 characters - from giggling girls and lads on the make, to hooray Henrys and pogo-ing punks.
The action focuses on the exploits of the four doormen and their customers as they invite audiences to share in the tatty, glitzy glamour of northern night life, with its raw energy, flashing disco lights and pulsating dance floor beat.
Directed by Bev Berridge, who has produced the Little Theatre's annual pantomime since 2004, the 1977 play was updated by Godber in the 1990s.
The play is followed on Tuesday by the Alan Ayckbourn comedy Bedroom Farce.
Directed by stage and screen star Nicky Henson, the play features four couples, three bedrooms and one very busy night.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 5 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Students get set for A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 9 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 10 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
While Ernest and Delia celebrate their wedding anniversary with pilchards on toast in bed, Malcolm and Kate are getting ready to host a house-warming party.
Nick and Jan, meanwhile, are planning to have a quiet night in nursing Nick's injured back, but the plans of all three couples are doomed.
With the three bedrooms presented simultaneously on stage, the action flows in and out from one to another to hilarious effect.
Bouncers runs until Saturday and
is followed by Alan Ayckbourn's Bedroom Farce, which runs from August 5-19. Tickets, priced £12.50 (£8 under-18s) from the box office on 01263 822347.