Bouncers at Sheringham Little Theatre
Sheringham Little Theatre's summer repertory continues this week with the second outing for John Godber's classic comedy Bouncers.Set in a northern nightclub, the play features four actors who, as well as playing a quartet of British bouncers, portray more than 20 characters - from giggling girls and lads on the make, to hooray Henrys and pogo-ing punks.
Sheringham Little Theatre's summer repertory continues this week with the second outing for John Godber's classic comedy Bouncers.
Set in a northern nightclub, the play features four actors who, as well as playing a quartet of British bouncers, portray more than 20 characters - from giggling girls and lads on the make, to hooray Henrys and pogo-ing punks.
The action focuses on the exploits of the four doormen and their customers as they invite audiences to share in the tatty, glitzy glamour of northern night life, with its raw energy, flashing disco lights and pulsating dance floor beat.
Directed by Bev Berridge, who has produced the Little Theatre's annual pantomime since 2004, the 1977 play was updated by Godber in the 1990s.
You may also want to watch:
The play is followed on Tuesday by the Alan Ayckbourn comedy Bedroom Farce.
Directed by stage and screen star Nicky Henson, the play features four couples, three bedrooms and one very busy night.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
While Ernest and Delia celebrate their wedding anniversary with pilchards on toast in bed, Malcolm and Kate are getting ready to host a house-warming party.
Nick and Jan, meanwhile, are planning to have a quiet night in nursing Nick's injured back, but the plans of all three couples are doomed.
With the three bedrooms presented simultaneously on stage, the action flows in and out from one to another to hilarious effect.
Bouncers runs until Saturday and
is followed by Alan Ayckbourn's Bedroom Farce, which runs from August 5-19. Tickets, priced £12.50 (£8 under-18s) from the box office on 01263 822347.