Barningham Hall to host fun run for Aldborough School funds
Serious and fun-runners are invited to enjoy a rare opportunity to run, jog or simply walk the dog through the landscaped grounds of Barningham Hall in aid of a local school.
The first Barningham 5k-ish Run is being held between 1pm and 5pm at the hall on Saturday October 1, in aid of funds for outdoor sports and play equipment for Aldborough Primary School.
Set in parkland designed by Humphrey Repton, the multi-terrain route takes in woodland, grazing land, a circuit of the lake and finishes up the West Avenue towards to the front of the hall, which dates from 1612.
A one-mile (1.6k) Junior Run will also take place immediately before the main run starts, with winners medals and goody bags for all finishers.
As well as fete games and a guided warm-up before the start, teas and coffees, hot food and home-made cakes will be available throughout the afternoon in the historic stable courtyard.
You may also want to watch:
The junior run commences at 2pm, 30 minutes before the main one. Walkers and dogs are welcome, but dogs must be kept on a lead due to grazing sheep. Registration for runners will cease 15 minutes before each race starts and race numbers will be allocated at this time.
Race entry is �5 for over 15s and �3 for under 15s. Entry forms are available from Intersport at Bakers and Larners in Holt; the Spar shop on Aldborough Green and GF White Butchers, Aylsham, or runners can enter on the day.
- 1 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 4 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 9 Bullying claims and defamation payments on agenda for special meeting
- 10 Climate and planning among new councillors' priorities
Barningham Hall is located in Matlaske, near Holt. The postcode for satellite navigation directions is NR11 7HY.
Further information is available from Kirsty White on 01263 735575.